The main objectives of the RUS (Research and User Support for Sentinel Core products) Service are to promote the uptake of Copernicus data and to support the scaling up of R&D activities with Copernicus data.
To fulfil these objectives, RUS provides:
- A free and open service offering expert support and simple access to data and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) resources for users at all levels of proficiency
- A team of experts providing advice in remote sensing data processing and analysis to fully exploit Sentinel data resources
- A customised Virtual Machine (VM) allowing fast data download and processing in a powerful computing environment. Pre-installed with a wide range of free open source software tools, these VMs can be further personalised by the users
- A comprehensive hands-on training service
More information on the RUS Portal.
An important part of the RUS service, our Training programme includes a full and varied range of training courses:
- Online tutorials and webinars accessible to all users
- Face-to-face training sessions to handle and process data
- Training of Trainers events for future trainers
From basic demo sessions where you will be guided step by step and learn how to download, process, analyse and visualise Sentinel data to longer events, where both theory and hands-on sessions are included, our training events are free and organised for all types of users.